We aim to foster a strong relationship between your child and their faith life through prayer and love for the church.
Our volunteer teachers are dedicated to teaching your children and guiding them toward the sacraments.
Our religious education program will support your children and will not turn anyone away due to financial difficulties.
Religious Education/Faith Formation 2020-21
The health and safety of our children, families, and catechists are of the utmost importance. We are learning new, safer, ways to go about our lives. For this reason, we will offer 2 options for Religious Education for Grades 1 through 8.
Option A – Combination Program
Traditional classes meet on alternate weeks according to grade level. This allows us to have sufficient space to have smaller class sizes as mandated by Diocesan guidelines. Classes will meet Sunday mornings in the school from 8:50 to 9:50.
In the unfortunate event of another shutdown this program is designed so it may be taught remotely or completed at home.
Option B – Home Study Program
This new program will enable families to complete the curriculum from home. A parent will be required to attend an orientation at the end of September or set up an appointment with the DRE.
Our Program will begin Sunday, October 4 for all students.
A gentle reminder:
- Complete and return the registration form (updated with two program options) as soon as possible.
- Children are not accepted into sacramental prep (grade 2 and grade 9) unless they have completed the preceding grade curriculum satisfactorily.
- All children preparing for First Eucharist must register, including those who attend catholic school.
- All Confirmation students, grade 9+ must register and participate including those attending catholic school. Confirmation prep will begin in November.
- We will still need teachers for our “in-class” option.