Below are the different ways we will spend these 40 days as a parish community in preparation for Easter. Please consider joining us at these events.
- Stations of the Cross – every Friday night during Lent at 7pm we will gather for this devotion at St. Cecilia Church. The only exception will be on Friday, 3/10 when it will take place at 6pm with a parish pasta dinner immediately following at 6:30 in McDermott Hall, below the church.
- Lenten Mission – this year we will host a 3-night series of talks by guest speakers during Eucharistic Adoration. These talks will take place on 3/5-7 from 7-8pm at the Church of St. Cecilia. All are welcome to attend any of the talks, but encouraged to attend all of the talks.
- Parish Family Pasta Night – on Friday, March 10, we will host a pasta dinner for members of the parish immediately following 6pm Stations of the Cross. We will be asking people to pre-register to help us to prepare for the event. Information about pre-registration will be coming soon.
- Reconciliation Monday – every year, Bishop Caggiano declares the Monday of Holy Week (April 3) “Reconciliation Monday,” during which confessions are available at certain churches in the Diocese of Bridgeport from 3-9pm. This year, there will be confessions available at that time at St. Cecilia Church.
- Holy Triduum – This is the culmination of the Liturgical Year and refers to the celebration of Holy Thursday (4/6), Good Friday (4/7), and the Easter Vigil (4/8). Please join us for these most solemn and beautiful liturgies during which we enter deeply into the sacred mysteries of our Catholic faith.