THE ANNUAL BISHOP’S APPEAL FUNDS
A BROAD RANGE OF ESSENTIAL MINISTRIES,
PROGRAMS AND AGENCIES THAT DELIVER
PASTORAL CARE AND HUMAN SERVICES
WHERE THEY ARE MOST NEEDED
The 2022 ABA goal for the Parish of St. Cecilia-St. Gabriel is $134,000. As of 4/28/22 we have raised $119,000 toward our goal (89%). We thank you in advance for your help in supporting the good works of the local Church in Fairfield County.
The theme for this year’s Annual Bishop’s Appeal is “A Bridge Home.” Among the important initiatives that your support will benefit are the following:
- The Institute for Catholic Formation, which ensures young people stay connected to the life, mission and ministry of parishes
- “The Bridge” Center for Young Adult Entrepreneurship, which will provide resources and mentorship to young adults for growth in their Catholic faith, while making an impact on their local communities
- The Sacred Heart Guild, which will support programs centered on Christ in the arts and evangelization by focusing on the beauty and truth of the Catholic tradition. The guild will seek to inspire through pilgrimages, workshops, concerts and talks that celebrate Christ in the arts, including sacred music, painting, architecture and literature, with particular attention to the needs of young people in our diocese.
- The St. Catherine Center for Special Needs, which fosters the educational, spiritual, and social well-being of young people with disabilities through direct services, while also providing support for faith formation and inclusion in local parishes and Catholic schools.
- The Ambassador program, which assists parishioners in welcoming back those who have stopped attending Mass or left the faith
- The Bishop’s Scholarship Fund, which provides tuition assistance to nearly 1,300 students at diocesan Catholic elementary schools annually. In addition, it helps seminarians who are discerning their calling in preparation for the priesthood at St. Charles Borromeo Seminary in Philadelphia and Redemptoris Mater Seminary in Stamford, while providing assistance to men in formation to the diaconate
- The Seton Collaborative, which offers expertise to diocesan schools and parishes by focusing on efficient and effective operations
- The Catherine Dennis Keefe Queen of Clergy Residence, where retired clergy receive support to live in dignity.
To read Bishop Caggiano’s message about the 2022 Annual Bishop’s Appeal (ABA) click here