THE ANNUAL BISHOP’S APPEAL FUNDS
A BROAD RANGE OF ESSENTIAL MINISTRIES,
PROGRAMS AND AGENCIES THAT DELIVER
PASTORAL CARE AND HUMAN SERVICES
WHERE THEY ARE MOST NEEDED
The 2023 ABA goal for the Parish of St. Cecilia-St. Gabriel is $134,000. We thank you for supporting the good works of the local Church in Fairfield County. Please keep in mind that 100% of “over-goal” funds will come back to our parish – but only if they are received before July 1, 2023. So please consider making your gift early this year as a way of helping not just the Diocese, but also our parish.
The theme for this year’s Annual Bishop’s Appeal is “One in Christ.” Among the important initiatives that your support will benefit are the following:
- “The Bridge” Center for Young Adult Entrepreneurship, which will provide resources and mentorship to young adults for growth in their Catholic faith, while making an impact on their local communities
- The Sacred Heart Guild, which will support programs centered on Christ in the arts and evangelization by focusing on the beauty and truth of the Catholic tradition. The guild will seek to inspire through pilgrimages, workshops, concerts and talks that celebrate Christ in the arts, including sacred music, painting, architecture and literature, with particular attention to the needs of young people in our diocese.
- The St. Catherine Center for Special Needs, which fosters the educational, spiritual, and social well-being of young people with disabilities through direct services, while also providing support for faith formation and inclusion in local parishes and Catholic schools.
- The Bishop’s Scholarship Fund, which provides tuition assistance to nearly 1,300 students at diocesan Catholic elementary schools annually. In addition, it helps seminarians who are discerning their calling in preparation for the priesthood at St. Charles Borromeo Seminary in Philadelphia and Redemptoris Mater Seminary in Stamford, while providing assistance to men in formation to the diaconate
- The Seton Collaborative, which offers expertise to diocesan schools and parishes by focusing on efficient and effective operations
- The Catherine Dennis Keefe Queen of Clergy Residence, where retired clergy receive support to live in dignity.
To read Bishop Caggiano’s message about the 2023 Annual Bishop’s Appeal (ABA) click here