Parish of St Cecilia – St Gabriel
1184 Newfield Avenue, Stamford, Connecticut 06905
Dear Parents, June 21, 2019
Enclosed is the Registration form for Religious Education for the 2019 – 2020 school year. Change is difficult and working out our new program will take a bit of time and tweaking. Our priority is to help you; their primary teachers, educate your children in their faith in a safe and comfortable environment.
- Complete the registration form. For children in grades 1 to 6, please indicate choice of day.
- Names will be placed on class lists in the order the completed registration forms and payment are received. Class size will be limited, register early to secure your day.
- Children are not accepted into sacramental prep (grade 2 and grade 9) unless they have completed the preceding grade curriculum satisfactorily.
- All children who will prepare for First Eucharist must register, including those who attend Catholic school
- All Confirmation students, grade 9 must register and attend class even if they are enrolled in a Catholic high school. Confirmation class will begin November 17.
- We require a parent from every family to sign up for 2 sessions to help as a hall monitor and/or aid.
- We will also need teachers. Our materials are very user friendly and have helpful online resources. I will be available to help with lesson plans, ideas, and suggestions. Maybe 2 parents would like to team teach or take class in turns. We also need volunteer classroom aids.
- Primary classes, grades 1 – 8 begin on September 22. Calendars will be mailed out in late summer as dates are finalized.
If you have any questions, concerns or need a payment plan, please contact me. No family will be denied Religious Education due to financial difficulties.
Thank you for your support and cooperation in working with us to educate your children in their faith. May God bless you and your families as you enjoy a safe and restful summer.
Director Religious Education